Pages

Followers

Nuffnang Space

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Malacca Butterfly and Reptile Sanctuary

Selamat datang ke Melaka!


As part of my series on Melaka, my hometown, a UNESCO World Heritage Site as a historic city of the Straits of Malacca, I am sharing these photographs of the Malacca Butterfly and Reptile Sanctuary. 


TAMAN RAMA-RAMA & REPTILIA MELAKA
Malacca Butterfly and Reptile Sanctuary


First of all, I have to admit that my sole purpose of visiting this place was to photograph the butterflies. Secondly, I am not too keen on photographing reptiles. In fact, I sort of closed my eyes and ran past the snake collection area. I did brave myself enough to snap a few shots of the crocodiles, but one of them gave me a hungry look, so I walked hurriedly on. Hence, these photographs I am posting are only of pretty birds and butterflies, and harmless tortoises and koi. No snakes, my apologies.


At the entrance...


Pretty Polly welcomes the visitors.


 90% of these photos are straight out of the camera (SOOC)...including the parrot images and the peacock. For the peahen, I had to pop her colour a little as she is rather a Plain Jane.
Another Polly says hello. (No, she merely squawked )
   
He just wouldn't spread his wings for me...proud peacock!


Pouty Peahen is pretty proud too.

"Do you think we qualify for Mellow Yellow Monday? We are pretty yellow up-front!" 

"Oh! She wants a snapshot of us?  Why didn't she say so?"


Let's go inside, explore the grounds...


Reflections in the Koi Pond 


The Asian Brown Tortoise...largest in Asia (grows up to 25 kg!)

I can't figure out the significance of the giant eggs...this leads to the butterfly sanctuary!


THE BUTTERFLY SANCTUARY!!!
Stop me if keep on filling this post with the butterfly photos I took. I love them all...
However, I shall try my best to limit myself to publishing one of each variety...if I can. Oh, this is really hard for me.









P1000976.jpg
A shadow shot...a 12 o'clock shadow, to be precise!

Alright, alright. I shall save some of the photographs for the next few write-ups on each individual species.



Linking to:
Weekend Reflections
Scenic Sunday
Shadow Shot
SOOC
Mosaic Monday
Macro Monday
Mellow Yellow Monday

12 comments:

  1. Did you visit the Noah's ark ?! Nice place indeed ! I like the reflection in the birds eyes, but the golden fish river is very pretty too... And your pictures of butterflies are stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Polly have a tip jar or is that her water dish? :-)

    SHADOW DITTY

    Shadows of onyx, shadows of grey,
    Shadows to chase my doldrums away;
    Shadows each morning, shadows at night,
    Shadows, O shadows, you’re my delight!


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Shadowy Stairway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Rosie, stunning photos how wonderful to be able to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, just gorgeous especially the birds! I still have some of the birds and butterfly shots in my handphone. I think I would have a serious problem if I were to visit this place. I wouldn't want to miss the snakes. I'll probably stay the entire day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful shots of the peacock, birds and the fish!!! Lovely!

    Cheers,
    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun trip! Lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those birds have such vibrant colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a treat!

    My Mellow Yellow, please take a peek. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful butterfly collage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful pictures, amazing shots, love the Koi fish as we have them in our pond, thank you for sharing :-) visiting from MYM, hope you can visit my entry here too

    http://www.mommies2ks.com/2011/08/mellow-monday-1-the-little-entrepreneur.html

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's what I was seeking for, what a information!

    existing here at this weblog, thanks admin of this web site.


    Take a look at my website; business ownership ()

    ReplyDelete