Pages

Followers

Nuffnang Space

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The French Connection

The main advantage of exploring the streets of a  city you are visiting for the first time on foot is that you get to see what you would have missed if you were on a double-decker hop-on hop-off  tourist bus. You'd miss the intricate details of doorways, the semi-hidden side gardens, and you'd miss signs like these two I saw while exploring Paris:




This sign was posted outside what I presume to be a travelers' lodging house. I like the 'language' they speak as listed in the second and fourth line. There won't be much of a problem communicating here!




How thoughtful of the proprietors to put up this sign.


As I cannot read French, the two signs in English which I came across were what I could understand...and they tell me so much about the nature of the people who put up these signs. They must be delightfully humorous and considerate people.


The last sign does not need interpretation...there it was, right in the middle of Avenue des Champs-Elysees, a sentiment I personally share:




For more signs, visit Lesley at Signs Signs.


No comments:

Post a Comment