Pages

Followers

Nuffnang Space

Friday, March 25, 2011

A Forest Green Dawn

It is time I woke up early to capture a sunrise in my own backyard! My camera seems to be pointed skywards only when I am on vacation, and I have been busy capturing New Zealand skies, Bali skies, Monaco skies...any sky but the sky above my own roof!


So this is a tribute to a sunrise sky above Forest Green, where we are to be found once a week. Despite the name, Forest Green is not a woodland and is actually nowhere near a forest. There's a bit of greenery surrounding the area, though, so the name is justified. It is a condominium near the city and it is easy enough to capture the panoramic scene from the balcony of our twelfth  floor apartment. I like looking out in the early hours of the morning when everything is shadowy, still and mysterious.



















Feels good to have documented this scene. Next assignment - document the sunrise over my garden haven.


Co to Skywatch Friday for more fabulous skies.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is awesome!

    I am NOT an early riser, so very rarely see sunrises..........

    This still won't make me get up any earlier, but very nice to see!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely capture of the sunrise. I am an early riser and enjoy wathcing the sky. Happy skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shots,
    it's always the case of so near yet so far.
    Home is always the best.

    ReplyDelete